Monday, August 5, 2013

Praying for Teachers - Week 1

I have had many people over the years tell me that they are praying for me as a teacher. Many people have asked how they can pray for me. As a result I have put together a prayer guide for the month of August of ideas on how to pray for teachers. I am planning on using this with my daughter to pray for her teachers daily during this month. I will release a week at a time for the next few weeks and hope you find it helpful.
Week One – August 6th – August 9th
Tuesday, August 6th – Heart for God –  
Above all, I know if my heart is right, everything else will fall into place so this is my number one request.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.” Luke 10:27
Wednesday, August 7th - Planning –
Teachers spend a lot of time planning this time of year. Pray for us that we will plan well but also pray for when things don’t go as planned and trust that God is in that. As you know, “the best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry.” (Sorry, it’s the English teacher in me).
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21
Thursday, August 8th - Servant attitude –
I adopted Chick-Fil-A’s second-mile service attitude a couple of years ago and decided I would go the second mile in not only serving my students but my coworkers. If it works for Jesus, it’s probably what I should be doing.
“The greatest among you shall be your servant.” Matthew 23:11
Friday, August 9th - Integrity –
If my students walk away only learning commas, correct citations, and ways to increase reading comprehension, I have not done my job (even though I dream of this). I am also modeling and teaching good character and how can I expect my students to do the right thing if I’m not?

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.” 1st John 1:5-6

2 comments:

Diane said...

Practical and specific ways to pray for teachers. LOVE!!

Diane said...

Practical and specific ways to pray for teachers. LOVE!!