Friday, February 1, 2008

at the home of st. francis


We made it to Italy and

journeyed to Assisi by train. We were pretty worn out yesterday and only managed to stay up until about 8. We woke up during the night and had a little trouble going back to sleep but should be fine by tomorrow morning. We spent yesterday exploring Assisi which we absolutely loved; it's exactly how I imagined Italy. We went to the bascillica today which was amazing. We're catching the train to Florence and will be there mid-afternoon. Hope all of you are well. We'll post again sometime in Florence. We're there through Monday morning.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

This is so exciting - I almost feel like I'm there with you!!
Post again when you can!

Diane said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy that the Barbers have a blog so we can keep up with your world. Of course, I did not expect the first posts to be from Italy. Then again, that's really not too surprising. Have a wonderful trip!!!