Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cinque Terre and Pisa





Today was our busiest day that we'll have the entire trip, and it was great. We left on the 7:51 train to Cinque Terre. We debated because of the length of the trip (about 2.5-3 hours each way) and the weather. It was pouring rain when we left and when we arrived in the last of the five cities. Fortunately, as we made our way to the trailhead, the rain let up, and we had a relatively dry day. We decided to hike the cities in reverse order. We consider ourselves in decent shape, but this was a moderate to difficult hike (as you can see from Scott's pic). No, we did fine, but I may not be able to get out of bed in the morning. It was essentially like being on the stairmaster for 3 straight hours. The views were amazing and well worth our efforts. We ended the day with a quick stop in Pisa (on the route home anyway). Seeing the tower was something else. I wondered how impressive a leaning tower could be, but it is quite impressive. Tomorrow- more naked art in Florence (Scott's insisting on it).




5 comments:

Unknown said...

so Dad's a pretty bad photographer.... it isn't lined up right....
Not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous right now

- Bet

Diane said...

I'm with Bethany..slightly jealous. Wish we were there!! In Hannah's OM class on Monday we're asking the question...Why does the Leaning Tower of Pisa lean? I may have to just use your pic as a visual aide.

Melinda said...

MAN…I want to go back!! Looks like you're having a blast. Cinque Terre will have to be on our itinerary next time we go!

bill buck said...

Scott...
You're missing the Super Bowl, man. Is that what happens after 20 years? Maybe you'll get to see a good match at the Colosseum instead.
--
bill buck

bill buck said...

ok... jenny's looking over my shoulder now. she says i have to write something nice.
I think you're a great photographer, scott. (How's that? very sincere...)

I really liked the photo where you're acting like its a tough hike through Cinque Terre. You can't fool me... I've seen you on the stairmaster.
--
bill buck