Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Sunday


It has been a super Sunday, but no Super Bowl for me this year - only super sculptures. We saw the famous one today - David. I'll be honest, it was quite impressive. It had to be about 15 feet tall and tremendously detailed. A little too detailed in some places. I must also confess I'd rather be watching Brady and Manning battle it out. Thanks for rubbing salt in my wound, Bill. Actually I found a place here in Florence that will be carrying the Super Bowl at 12:16 am here. It is called The Red Garter - I decided to pass.

Another highlight of the day was our first experience with Gelato. As much as I love Bruster's and American ice cream in general, there is no comparision. It is worth the trip.
Tomorrow it is off to Rome. We'll check in again from there.


Scott






2 comments:

bill buck said...

Ok Barbers, please comment on the eternal debate about St Pete's piazza:
"The Piazza of St Peter's was at first intended to be completely closed - virtually an outdoor extension of the church itself, thus acquiring real meaning. As things are, the open side of the ellipse towards the Via della Concilazione is distracting and completely destructive to any feeling of enclosure."
Discuss.
--
bill buck

bill buck said...

Oh, and I forgot to ask if you were planning to visit Palazzo Barberini to see the ancestors of the Barber clan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palazzo_Barberini

Scott...
Now that I look closely, I see the resemblance between you and your great uncle Maffeo (former Pope):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Urban_VIII

--
bill buck